Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poor Jon

Sunday evening, after an uneventful weekend full of laundry, a friend from my work called and asked if we would be able to pick up his dog from a boarding facility. He’d spent the weekend in Flagstaff and had hit a delay on his way home, so he couldn’t make it back in time to pick Mollie up before they closed at 6:00. We were happy to help, and when we arrived back at our apartment parking lot, Jon jumped out of the Jeep and headed to the back to let the dog out. I had Penny on my lap in the front seat, and it took me a few moments to get all my stuff situated, so by the time I was out of the car and walked around to where Jon was, he already had Mollie by the leash..... But he was just standing there with a blank expression on his face, kind of swaying from side to side.


Me: Hello?
Jon: [no response, eyes glazed over]
Me: Jon…what are you doing?
Jon: [no response, sways back and forth some more]
Me: JONATHAN, what. are. you. DOING?
Jon: [silence, begins shaking his head slightly]
Me: JONATHAN GLEN, WHAT THE H*** HAPPENED TO YOU???
Jon: [Turns and sits on the bumper of the Jeep]


Anyway, so what happened was that the hatchback of the Jeep fell on his head and almost knocked him out. He says he couldn’t see or hear anything for about a minute. I didn’t laugh at the time, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s HILARIOUS.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is so NOT funny! But I'm laughing anyway!

    A couple summers ago my dad called me up (sounding dreadful) and asked me if I'd come over and look at his head. He'd "bumped it" a few hours before he decided to call me, and had been bleeding the entire time (though not profusely). Anyway, so I drove over to his house and checked it out...... He'd run into a low-hanging branch, which punctured his scalp. He had to back up and PULL THE THING OUT OF HIS HEAD! He thought he could just take care of it himself, but when the bleeding didn't stop he finally called me. It was THREE HOURS after he'd stabbed himself. So I had to clean it up (now that it was swollen and he was VERY weak). I have NEVER seen my dad so pale and sickly. It was such a pathetically hilarious situation. Don't call me immediately or go to the doctor....let yourself bleed for a few hours, THEN call me.

    Poor dad! Poor Jon!

    (Also, don't ask me why I'm apparently the doctor in the family. I'm always the one people come to when they're hurt.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he's OK! I would have laughed too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Jon is right. I had to put my head between my legs just to keep me from passing out! I'm a little squeemish around blood-type stuff. I normally pass out at the sight of other people's blood. I don't think I EVER want to be in a room while someone else is giving birth....the grossness factor is pretty darn high there! Um...don't know why I just said that. Excuse the silly Canadian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie, I answered your question in my post today. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you eemajine if we had a decent camera? I feel like a real wimp now, it doesn't even look like a mosquito bite. Boooo

    ReplyDelete