Jon took Penny outside to pee yesterday morning and was chatting with two neighbors, one of which had a chihuahua on a leash. The chihuahua attacked Penny, who ran in a circle around Jon, somehow causing his tear-away athletic pants to FALL COMPLETELY TO THE GROUND. He was just standing there in his underwear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) The woman with the naughty dog screamed, "I'm so sorry! I promise I didn't look!!" and Jon casually remarked, "What? It's just underwear...", collected his pants and snapped them back together.
2) Every single snap had come undone except for the two at his ankles.
3) I said, "So I guess this means you're never wearing those pants in public again" and he goes, "Huh? No...it was just a freak occurrence."
4) He didn't even wake me up to tell me!! When I staggered out of the bedroom bleary-eyed, I found him checking his Facebook.
5) The retelling went something like this:
Jon: So, I took Penny outside this morning, was talking to our neighbors, and a chihuahua attacked her.
Me: [gasp] What????? Is she okay????????????
Jon: That's not the end of the story. Penny ran around my legs............[dramatically rips his pants off, drops them to the ground]
Me: [crumples, maniacal laughter mingled with apologies, screaming incoherent sentence fragments, rolling]
6) This blog post has his blessing.