Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shout Hooray

Today is my niece Pearl's 3rd birthday! I've already posted her card to Twitter and Facebook in addition to emailing it to her mom, but I can't see why that should stop me from displaying it on my blog as well.


It took me a good 45 minutes to make, though the first half-hour was dedicated to scouring the internet for THE single best unicorn picture available. It was soon apparent that it would have to be a collage. Related: I don't recommend Googling images of unicorns, innocuous as it may seem, with a child on your lap. (Then again, I don't recommend Googling images of ANYTHING with a child nearby.) Or at least don't go as far down the rabbit hole as I did. Something about a human with a horn growing out of his forehead, and shriveled-up horse fetuses, and nightmare-inducing narwhals, and the like.

1 comment:

  1. soooo awesome. thank you! she loved it!!!! ;)
    i feel many middle-aged individuals who are obsessed with adult cats beyond a healthy level, are over-weight, and that live with their parents, may be severely jealous of this incredible card. everyone is grateful that you decided to share it with the world.

    ReplyDelete