Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bellatrix: 2007-2008

I take back all the bad things I ever said about Bellatrix. I called her an idiot and said that she doesn't even recognize food even when it climbs on her. I was mean and insensitive and I take it all back, because little Bella died today. She was fine this morning (well..not fine I guess, since she hasn't had a single meal since she hatched, but she was slithering around and drinking water..) but when Jon went to take her out of her cage, her little body was barely moving.



This is Jon trying to revive her. I think she was dead at this point, though, and it was just nerves that were making her body slightly move. Ew.



Yep. Definitely dead. So, I was a little mad at her for dying without even giving food a chance (just GIVE FOOD A CHANCE!), until Jon saw dirt hanging out of her mouth. When he went to inspect exactly WHY she was eating dirt, he made a grisly discovery - poor little Bella's mouth was deformed from birth. The majority of it was completely sealed over. It was physically impossible for her to eat mice, and we just starved her to death over 4 long months. Worst. Snape owners. EVER.

On a happier note, I received my passport today. I sent out my application last week, paid all the extra money to have it expedited, then stressed for about 9 days and had bad dreams about it not arriving in time for my trip to Paris..when all of a sudden, there it was in my mailbox. And it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my whole life.

1 comment:

  1. ha. i can't believe she starved. if i liked snakes, i'd feel bad. jk.

    ReplyDelete