Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Crochet Bunting - Free Pattern!

I sure know how to pick the patterns, huh? So far pretty much every one I've found for free online that I've tried has had issues. This is my heavily modified version of this mistake-riddled pattern. In addition to fixing the issues, simplifying it, and adding much needed clarification, I also switched the terminology from UK to US terms and created my own version of the final image (one you can actually read).

I made this as a gift, btw. Hot pink buntings don't really match my decor. It will be much cuter in its future home (update: HERE) than mine!




ch = chain
ch sp = chain space
ss = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet

--------------------------------------

Use whatever hook corresponds with your yarn.

Create magic ring.

Round 1: Into ring work 3ch (stands as 1st dc), 2dc, 3ch, 3dc, 3ch, 3dc, 3ch (to create three petals). Ss into top of starting ch. Fasten off, tighten magic ring.

Round 2: Join next color in any ch sp, work 2 ch (stands as 1st dc) 3dc, 2ch, 3dc. In next ch sp work 3dc, 2ch, 4dc. In last ch sp work 4dc, 2ch, 4 dc. Join with ss into top of starting ch. Fasten off.

Use stitch marker to mark the top (the cluster of 4dc 2ch 4dc is the bottom)

Round 3: Join next color in top right corner and work 2ch, (stands as 1st dc) 2dc, 2ch, 4dc. In the space top center 3dc, in top left corner 3dc, 2ch, 4dc. In side space, 4dc. In bottom point 4dc, 2ch, 4dc. In side space 4dc, then ss into top of starting ch. Fasten off.

Round 4: Join your starting color and work 1 round sc with 3sc in each corner. Fasten off.  Weave in ends.

Join the flags with ch and ss. I did 6 chains between each flag and 40 at each end.



No comments:

Post a Comment