Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful Thursday

SOME THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR:



My big family. Parents, siblings, parents-in-law, siblings-in-law, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, nieces, nephews, and so on and so forth. We're a fun crowd. Let’s throw “friends” into this mix, too. Especially friends with blogs. They get me through the day.





My little family. There's only two of us and we get along swimmingly, except for when Jon goes globe-trotting, meeting new and interesting people and eating exotic foods only to come home and want to eat at Texas Roadhouse with me. Every. Single. Time. It's a sore subject. I've never eaten real sushi. ...It's a sore subject. But no, really, I couldn't have married a better man. He is so patient with me, so forgiving, and so damn sexy. He's got this pair of slim grey jeans that will render you unconscious, especially when paired with a certain red polo… for which I am very grateful.


My religion. (Even though learning more about it sometimes requires suffocating to death in a noxious death-trap.)


My dog. She's a real weirdo, but she's MY weirdo, and she keeps me company while Jon is away. (Globe-trotting. And eating sushi.)


Our apartment. Minus one creepy neighbor, it's a great place to live. It's two hundred square feet bigger than our old apartment in Rexburg, which means that for the first couple of weeks after we moved in I entertained myself by starting in one corner of the living room, taking large strides across to the hallway, turning right and continuing on to the bedroom, and ending up on the far side near the nightstand. JUST BECAUSE I COULD. Extra space makes me happy. We also live in a really nice part of town, with beautiful views and lots of open areas with pretty vegetation. Surprising? That's because you haven't come to visit us yet to see for yourself. So get on that. Thanks.


Tucson in general. This city has been really good to us. We came on a whim, with nothing lined up, and I was able to find a great job within two months of living here. A couple of months later, Jon received a call from his current employer and was hired on the spot for an amazing position that has given us lots of incredible opportunities. Oh, Tucson. Some of your areas are kind of filthy, gang-y, and homicide-y, but I can't stay mad at you.





------------------------------------





HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. To my American blog friend - Happy Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey, and fall asleep on the couch, and play a good game of boggle with your family. Oh wait, that's what I do. Oh never mind, have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is to my Hot Wife, Family, Hunting, Fishing, Motorcycles, Camping, The Big Kahuna, Southern Alberta, Southeastern Idaho, The Sonoran Desert, JELL-O, Chocolate and everything in between. Yay gratefulness!

    ReplyDelete