Thursday, September 13, 2012

A conversation, circa 2010

(I unearthed this gem lurking in my drafts. Hopefully there's some other good stuff in there, too! This happened about two years ago, when we were on Statia.)

--------------------------------------------------------

Someone at a birthday party: Okay, we're going to pick teams! Everyone line up! Naomi, you pick first.
Me: A schoolyard pick??? NOOO!!! Those are the WORST, let's just assign teams. [Everyone begins lining up] No seriously, you guys! This makes me so sad! What about the person picked last?? So, so sad. Let's just assign -
Naomi: I choose Jessie.
Me: Really????? First picked, IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Always how it goes when you get picked first (although I wouldn't know). P.S. I was just thinking how much I love the word "lurking."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Skulking' is my absolute favorite, but I thought 'lurking' fit better in this context.

      Delete