Thus ended my short career as a swimmer.
I’ve always loved swimming though, and last week when Jon accidentally exploited my minor heart condition to get me a free gym pass, I immediately went and bought a new swimsuit. I’d been OBSESSING during the Olympics over Mexican diver Paola Espinosa’s cobalt blue swimsuit and when I found something on sale ($29!) in the same color, I snatched it up. It wasn’t until a couple of days later that I realized it’s not just similar, IT IS THE EXACT SAME SUIT!! Yay.
Anyway, on to the purpose of this post.
Stuff I did this (long) weekend:
- Paid rent
- Went to IKEA. Listened to Jon sing ABBA on the way to IKEA.
- Bought curtains!!!!!!!!!! Our very first curtains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We’ve been married over 7 years.
- Made nine cups of Puppy Chow in preparation for a movie night with cousins. They had to cancel :(
- Ate a lot of Puppy Chow
- Ate my first Smashburger
- Went to the outlets. Bought some cheap stuff. Ate an Auntie Anne’s cinnamon and sugar pretzel. Ate frozen yogurt. Ate at Smashburger again.
- SWAM THREE (3) TIMES
- Got water in my ear
- Physically injured my neck in flailing around trying to get the water out of my ear
And a happy belated Labor Day to you.