Friday, February 25, 2011

'A' for Effort

Over the past couple days, I took some beachy engagement snapshots for our friend Eric and his fiancĂ© Cara (who was visiting the island and left today). They’re two of my favorite people and getting married in May to return together for the summer term. I’m so disappointed they didn’t meet a few months earlier when that arrangement could have benefited ME in any way. Instead, she’s arriving just as I’m leaving Statia for good.

I understand the irony in me taking engagement pictures given my thoughts in general of the gross oversaturation of the mediocre photographer market, my recent Twitter activity, and considering the fact that I am miles away from being even an amateur. I made sure they knew what I was before the decision was final, and it’s not like I charged them any money so stop looking at me like that. I told them that (A) I was confident in my ability to take at least one in-focus picture of the two of them, if they couldn’t find ANYONE else to do it, and (B) if one of them grew a huge zit at any point during the picture-taking, I could take care of it with Photoshop. That was all I promised.

Here are my favorites:






























7 comments:

  1. "...and it’s not like I charged them any money so stop looking at me like that." I laughed inappropriately loud at that comment.

    Something I dislike about "professional" photogs is that they rely on PhotoShop, instead of just using it for touch ups (like a zit), so they end up looking overprocessed. You are awesome and your photos are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. My faves are the third one down and the dog attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has amazing hair for photos taken in this setting. Nicely done.

    Just in case you wanted the domain: jessicajensenphotography.blogspot.com, it's already taken. You'll have to come up with something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent photos Jessie. You should be pleased with yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Third one down. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone!!

    (Mom - Jon read your comment and said, "She usually is".)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the fourth one down.

    ReplyDelete