The other first was even more exciting. I. SAW. AN IGUANA. The Lesser Antillean variety is an endangered species here and it seemed like we were the only people on the island who’d never seen one. Then Lianna and I were walking home from the beach and one materialized right there on the wall of the Slave Path. No one is more angry that we didn’t get a picture than Jon. But the second Lianna got her camera out he lept over the side and disappeared into the underbrush.
2) Pearl is hilarious. I’ve already taught her to say ‘o hai’ and we’re working on ‘kthxbai’. And last week, TWICE, she counted to ten like this: ‘One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, orange’. Best day ever. Also, Jon taught her to say "I'ma burn your face off!" (don't even ask). Now she randomly says it in her sweet little high-pitched voice and it makes my life complete.
3) Conversation between Jon and me:
Me: Quit pretending that you’re asleep.
Jon: I’m not pretending that I’m asleep, I’m pretending that I’m dead.
4) If you’re waiting for a certain video from the beginning-of-term party…sorry. It won’t upload! Don’t blame me, blame the school’s internet. To everyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about, too bad. Something awesome happened, and you weren’t there.
5) Some pictures from the last 8-10 days (ish):
(He hates weddings)
Someone started the rumor amongst the first termers that Murad (second from left) is one of the kings of Syria, and at least one guy swallowed it hook, line, and sinker. Apparently their official introduction was epic. I wish I’d seen it. BEST. RUMOR. EVER.
Lianna pushing the stroller up the Slave Path after a day at the beach. Another month and she'll be ready for the World's Strongest Woman competition!
6) Okay, I’ll tell you. The video had to do with this nasssssty nast drunk couple that danced scandalously–slash-outrageously the entire night. I loved every second of it. Maybe it'll upload another day :/